Monday, September 9, 2013

One of those days!

     I know we all have them...some worse than others.  One of those days when you get the feeling that you just aren't doing enough.  Either helping out financially in your household or just helping out in your church or community.  I know my friends and family would laugh and take my temperature since I seem to actually have very little time to even call my own.  Whether it's Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, my online college classes, the kids online home school classes, or helping my dad with his Friday night Bible study supplies.  Did I mention I still do all the household stuff like cooking, cleaning, and laundry too?

     I try so hard to be organized or get more organized.  I am a total Pinterest junkie with tons of pins on the subject.  Did I also mention that it sometimes takes a lot of money to try those ideas?  It's totally amazing to see the things other people have come up with to try and make things a bit easier on themselves.  Some of those things I never would have thought of...not even in a million years.

Like using a plastic over the door organizer to store Barbies...


...or how about using hanging file folders to store fabric remnants...


...heck, they even have places to print the labels you need to organize the stuff...


...and if those don't work they have whole pins to help you with tons of other ideas!


     I can see how people get depressed when you look at "pins" like these and feel like your home isn't up to par.  But then I have to also think about who's par I want to live up to.  My house is a very busy place with a teenager, two children under 10, and two adults.  There are few days when we are not home to mess things up.  Our house tends to stay on the "lived in" side of the clean scale.  There may be hangers on the floor or a crayon or two under the table, but you know what...I'll live with that if that's what I complain about.  There are people out there with no clothes to need a hanger and children out there who don't have one crayon much less a box with a few hundred in it.  

     I guess writing all this out helped get me out of my own crumby mood.  I'm going to go hugs my kids, pick up those hangers, and maybe relax for a few minutes and have a cup of coffee.  Don't get me started on my love of coffee.  I even have my own Pinterest board dedicated to my own guilty pleasure of coffee.


My hubby knows where he is on my scale...and he's ok with it!  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment