Sunday, December 30, 2012

Almost "Normal"

     On the brink of New Year's Eve our house is barely slowed down. There are still boxes to be packed away and our little tree looks so sad with all it's ornaments already packed away for next year. This was a crafty year for me. I made most of the gifts we gave away and of course made some to keep at home too. I made Scrabble Tile name plates for most of my friends that have children. I thought they were too cute not to share with them.  
 
 
     These were really fun to make.  It was also a joke to see who had the highest point value in their name.  Of course my name was the smallest value.  If we had used full names for Alex and Samie I think they would had won the value. 

     I also made glass ornaments.  I made the cutest little Santa belts with paper swirls and a snowy type scene one.  I tried to give everyone at least one of each.  I made a tone and ended up with a few of each left over.  Maybe next year if we get a bigger tree and I can at least have a pair of each on the tree. 

 
     This is a picture of the first set I made.  The second set I made the black belt a little wider so it was more obvious that it was a belt and not just a black stripe.  I topped it off with a pretty little silvery and white bow. 
 
     I have already been looking at some wooden ornaments for next year.  I'll have to keep you guys up to date on the progress of those.  It's not like I don't have time to do them before next Christmas.  I have a link for them if you want to check them out.  I copied it from google docs https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3EpnW9erHBoVFJfZHFyS25rU2s/edit so I hope this works. 
 
 
     Anyway, I better get the kids to bed and I wish all my friends a Happy New Year and I hope to see you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment