Thursday, December 27, 2012

We Survived!!!

What a crazy week it's been. And I'm not even talking about the weather here in "sunny" Florida. It's 61 degrees outside right now! The kids haven't even been out a full week yet and I'm already counting down the days until they go back. All the moms can probably agree with me there! Plus, being broke after the holidays completely stinks because I can't take them anywhere to get us all out of the house. GRrRrR!

     Other than that small issue it has been an okay week with Christmas and all. It was lean here at the house, but no one really complained because grandma went all out and made up for it! The kids got Build-a-Bears, a few different board games, clothes, legos and barbies. I got a really pretty bracelet that has glass beads on it and my name in blocks. Mike got his usual bathroom reader and was happy for that. We all got tons of gift cards to toy stores and Wal-Mart. Looks like we'll have grocery money after all, hehe.
   
You know you love our Florida fireplace!!

     Oh, I was going through some of the old files on my computer and came across an old Word document about how to save money. Well with five people on one income I thought this would be something worth reading. It had some pretty cool ideas. And of course it had some that I don't think would work for our family at all. Anyhoo, I thought I would start this week and try to take this through the new year. Maybe some of these suggestions will work for you. Or if you have ideas about them leave a comment below and share your opinion.

     1. Pay attention to where your money is going. Carry a little memo pad around and keep track of everything you spend. Like magic, the simple act of writing stuff down will actually help you to not spend. It also helps you to look at where your money is going and allows you to make informed decisions about how much to spend to live the life you really want to.

     2. Make a simple spending plan. You wouldn't think of setting off on a long trip without a map would you? A spending plan is simply a map to help guide you to where you want to go financially. It allows you to set goals and evaluate your progress.There's no successful company that doesn't plan their cash outlays. Why don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment