Thursday, September 13, 2012

And it starts....

     Scout Season that is.  Yep, Samie and Alex are back to their busy time of year.  Not only are we dealing with school events and homework for them, they also have scout nights now too.  Samie has had a couple of meetings already and is loving it!  She has a few girls in Daisy's this year from her school.  One was in her class last year and one from this year.  She is already having a blast.  It's so much more fun having all the girls (we have 6, maybe 7) this year, not that only having Samie as a Daisy wasn't fun last year.  It's just easy to do things with more girls...if that makes sense.

 
 
     And now tonight is Alex's first Cub Scout meeting as a Bear Den member.  I wish I'd know he could join earlier since he missed Tigers and went right in as a Wolf.  He still had fun and earned a ton of belt loops last year.  He's already talking about what he wants to do this year to earn loops.  It's so funny hearing him talk about what his plans are and stuff.  Plus, seeing him interact with his fellow Cubbies is priceless!
 

 
 
     To add to all those meetings, the Cub Scout Troop leader wants to help out with a weekly craft to keep the girls (usually sisters) busy during the meeting so the won't go and bother the boys for the hour.  It seems like it's going to be a bit of fun too.  I think the second meeting we will be turning 2L bottles into planters.  That way we can reuse it and turn it into something they can keep reusing too. 
 
     Did I forget to mention that we have a high schooler and all the stuff that comes with a senior, football games on Friday nights...Mike and I are still full time students...he's working 45+ hours a week...church on Sundays....and I'm sure I forgot about 20 other things we have to do in a week! 
 
I forgot what my bed looks like...seriously.  As soon as I lay down I'm out for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment