Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Taco Pie


This is a real quick and simple meal. You can spice it up anyway you want.

Ingredients:
1lb - Hamburger
1packet - Ta
co Seasonings
1/4C - Water
2 - Eggs
1/2C - Bisquick
1 1/2C - Milk
1 1/2C - Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream for topping

I start with browning the hamburger and draining it. I put in back in the pan and add the taco seasonings and 1/4 water. I bring it back to a simmer stirring it until most of the water is cooked in or evaporated. I then pour it into a 9" pie plate.

 

I then take the milk, eggs, and Bisquick and mix it in a small dish. I use a 2C measuring glass cup so I can measure and pour right from it. It saves on dishes too! Once this is mixed well I slowly pour it onto and into the taco hamburger. Then I sprinkle on bout 3/4C of the shredded cheese.


 
I then place it into a 400 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Basically until it's cooked all the way through and a knife placed into the middle of the pie comes out clean.
 
 

 
 
I usually let it set for another 5 minutes or so. It makes it a bit easier to eat and not so much like putting hot lava in your mouth. I then cut it like I would any other pie and place in the bowls. I top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with a bit more shredded cheese.
 
 

 
 
We all love this dinner and it is so easy. You could even add salsa or a bit of hot sauce to the mix before baking to kick it up a bit in heat. Since I'm pretty much the only one in my house that likes salsa, I add mine to the topping along with the sour cream and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment