Friday, September 7, 2012

Not a Coupon Queen!!

OK...I have had people ask me how I can save $100 grocery shopping. It's easy when you have your stuff together and organized. Yes, the only place in my house even slightly organized is my coupons. Let the laughing commence! Now that you're done laughing let me go on. I have a plastic box that has rails on the sides for hanging file folders. I get the Smeed Tuff ones since I take them in and out of the box A LOT!
I have them labeled according to the Sunday they came out. The printables are the one I pre-printed online at the various sites. The notes is my extra date stickers and just stuff like that. I rarely even look at the coupons I get. I just take them out of the paper and place them right into their folders. When I'm ready to go shopping I go to my favorite site www.truecouponing.com and select which store I'm going to. I check off the items I want and print my list. I go to my box and match up the coupons I have and decide how many of what items I am going to buy. I also add things to my list that may have not been printed out, like milk, lifesavers, or eggs.

I then head to the store and get my shopping fix on. I tend to let the cashier ring up all my groceries just so I can see and sometimes I even write down my "grand total" then, if that store has one, I have them swipe my club card. I love watching all the minus signs, hehe. I check the new lower grand total. Then I hand them the coupons. More minus signs!!! It's fun and at first you won't have that many coupons, but as you get those papers and save them, you will see that stack of coupons you hand over get bigger and bigger and you will see more and more minus signs!



No comments:

Post a Comment