Friday, September 21, 2012

Flower Petals

     OK...so it's been a few days...it's been crazy around here.  We had successful meetings this week with both Girls Scouts and Cub Scouts.  With my Daisy Scouts we made planters out of recycled 2L bottles.  They liked it so much I decided to do the same thing with my sisters group on Thursday during Cub Scouts. 


 
 
     It's actually a pretty easy thing to make.  I first made one at home to exactly how the steps went and to make sure it was kid friendly.  Both groups of girls loved getting in and getting their hands dirty and planting the seeds.  We made three of these with Daisy seeds on Tuesday, but on Thursday I had several different types of seeds to choose from.  I made one using Red Sunflower seeds.  I think Samie picked a Morning Glory color mix.  That is going to be so pretty when it starts to bloom.  The one I made at home I used this yellow Marigold plant I bought at Wal-Mart for less than a dollar.
 

 
 
      I also used less soil in the one that I let the girls make.  On mine the soil compacted an inch or so in the first few watering's.  It's quite funny walking up to our front door and seeing 6 2L bottles all in some stage of planting.  I had to bring the Girl Scout ones back home since there was no real safe place to leave them at our meeting place.  I wanted to leave them on the window sill, but it was sloped.  I just pray they grow well enough so the girls don't think I killed their plants.  That would not be good at all!
 
 
     By the way guys...if you guys are actually reading these just leave a quick comment to let me know.  I'll try and keep this up as long as  keep getting views.

No comments:

Post a Comment