Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chili Cheese Dog Casserole


I think I'm going to start adding quick easy recipes to my blog. I know as a mom you seem to get in rutts when it comes to dinners. Maybe some of these ideas may help. This is the first recipe I am adding and I hope to get more posted as I cook or bake them.

Ingredients:
10 - 8" Flour tortillas
10 - Hot Dogs
2 - Cans Chili w/ Beans
1C - Shredded Cheese (your choice of favorite)

I typically use a standard 8"x8" glass dish for this one. I start by spreading 1 can of the chili in the dish.
 
 
This is the step where kids come in and love to help me. I take the hot dogs and tightly wrap them in the tortillas. I tear off any over hang of the tortilla if there is any. I also have to cut one of the wraps in half so I can fill the whole dish.
 
I then cover with the other can of chili and sprinkle on the shredded cheese. We love cheese in our house so I spare no stinginess here. I guess you could also use hot sauce if you wanted to add a bit of kick too. I use a cheddar and monterrey mix for this dinner.
 
 
I typically bake it for about 25 - 30 minutes at 400 degrees. I test the heat by sticking a butter knife into the dish and placing it on my lips. (I know...so professional.) If the knife is hot then I know it's heated all the way through. Nothing worse than a cold chili cheese dog.
 

And viola'...a quick yummy meal the kids will love. And it didn't take slaving over a stove for an hour. Like who has that time? I hope you guys at least try it once. You can switch up anyway you need to fit into your dietary needs too. I bet pepper jack cheese would be awesome!! (hmm...note to self...)

No comments:

Post a Comment