Monday, September 17, 2012

And the Winner Goes to......


     No, I'm really not into award shows and what not, but I do have the best hubby around! Why you ask? Well let me tell you why my friends! A few of you know he gave me a HP Tablet for Christmas.  I loved being able to get a few HP apps. that helped me be more portable at Church and stuff.  BUT, what you k=may not know is that my oldest son, Stephen, recently moved back in with us.  You also may not know that Mike was promoted to Ops. Manager at work around that same time.  Well, for being 18 it was had to believe what little he had at his father's house as far as tech stuff.  So, my hubby, always thinking of others, thought he'd put a plan in motion.  We all loaded up in the Tribute and headed to Staples for school supplies.  Mike had some "things to take care of" while we were there.  While the kids and I put all the binders, backpacks, pencils and about 50 other things in the back of the vehicle he came out holding a box saying it was "research for work."  Well given the recent promotion I figured it was exactly that...more paperwork to study. 
     When we got home he pulled the new Google Nexus out and said he only had a few days, but he needed to figure out some of the features so he could sell it at work.  He plugged it in to let it charge.  It had to charge overnight and he told me I could play with it so I could give him feedback about it too.  Fast forward 8hrs and he came home from work and asked me what I thought.  I went on and on how much lighter it was from the HP and how it was more user friendly with it being Android compatible.  He listened intently and then answered, "Good, because it's yours."  He had planned on giving it to me as an upgrade and then giving the HP to Stephen to use for school stuff.  And to top it off he got me a purple case for it.  HE ROCKS!!!

       On anther note....I went to Winn Dixie the other night for a serious grocery shopping trip. I didn't take the kids so it was that much easier. I love that they want to go with me and "help", but sometimes it actually slows the process a bit. This ended up being a bigger haul than expected, but it was a good trip for sure. I'm not going to list all I bought as I don't want to bore you to tears. I did get 9 boxes of Pop-Tarts, 6 Hamburger Helpers, 8 Pork Chops, 12 Country Style Ribs, 2 boxes of pasta, several cans of chili...the list goes on and on. The cashier knew I wanted to ring the total sale so I could get a before and after total. So here we go...my before tax and discounts total was $198.40 after my rewards card the total got down to $139.61 and we're not done there. I then handed her another $22.69 in coupons which brought my total all the way down to $106.73! That's a savings of $90.82! Not quite cutting my grocery trip in half, but it was close enough for me to get excited over.

 
      I got a really cool 3" binder at Big Lots for $14. I thought I'd show you guys real quick how I arrange it.
 
 

 
 
       Of course it's purple! You guys doubted me? Anyway, I have alphabetical tabs and the basic baseball card type pages. I like this way becasue I know where all of a certain brand may be. K would anything Kraft...A would be for Advil or Arm & Hammer. That way in the store if I see a sale on an item I don't have to think about what catagory I listed it under...I know it's by brand and flip right to that letter. I did carry my binder with me to WD the other night and it was awesome. I actually used a few more coupons that I had originally planned because I has missed them in the flyer. Also I knew a few items I wanted weren't on sale, but the coupon expired soon. I checked the regualr price and decided that with the coupon I would be happy with the final price. I also was able to hand out a few coupons to some people who I knew I had a coupon for what they hand in their carts. I may not be able to hand out hard cash, but I can help them save some of their own.
 

     Here's my binder open to a page. I still have to fold some of the bigger ones in half, but I don't mind doing that. If you don't want to that's okay. There are 4x6 pages (for photos) you can buy pretty easy too.You would just have more pages than me. I get 9 to a page where you would get 4 is all.

      Hope you guys had a great weekend and I missed seeing some of you guys in church yesterday. Now to go spend time with my awesome hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment